Friday, November 1, 2013

Movie Friday

This morning after I got home from work. I relaxed and watched Intouchables for the second time. I really enjoy this film. I like how the characters interact. The film is about a man who becomes paralyzed after an accident and how he comes to have a care giver who can make him laugh and enjoy life.  The movie is French and one of my favourite foreign films. I am always looking for new movies that peek my interest but this one I have been wanting to re-watch for a while so I am glad I got to enjoy it again today.

The second movie I watched today was 12 Years a Slave. I have been waiting for this film to come out ever since I watched an interview with the Director Steve McQueen at TIFF. I thought the film was scheduled to come out on October 18th so was looking forward to seeing it then but that date was only a limited release and I was able to see it today. The film is about a free man who is kidnapped and sold into slavery where he must survive with the hopes of returning to his old life. I have the ebook for this novel but I have yet to start reading it. Have been a bit distracted playing pokemon. Oops. I really enjoyed the film. Definitely worth a see. It was very sad but it was so honest.

Next on my watch list is Ender's Game. Probably go see that on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment