Saturday, October 4, 2014

One week till Amsterdam


I cannot wait to set foot in Amsterdam next Saturday. I plan to take the bus to Museumplein and walk to my hostel the Flying Pig Uptown hostel where I will be staying from October 11-16.

Once I check in and drop off my bags I intend to Noordermarkt and enjoy some tasty food until I get full and then I will head to Begijnhof Courtyard Gardens which is a little garden surrounded by beautiful homes. I've seen it on many lists of places to visit so hopefully it is not too crowded. After the gardens I will head to the Civic Guards Gallery which is a free art gallery with some beautiful paintings for me to admire.

I plan through my time in Amsterdam to go to the Anne Frank House, unfortunately the tickets online are already sold out so I will have to queue up early to beat the crowds. I am going to go to the Rijksmuseum, Albert Cuyp Street Market and go on a Sandeman's New Amsterdam free walking tour. Lots of other things planned but I hope to get a lot done and meet some nice people at my hostel.

Anyone reading have any suggestions for Amsterdam?

No comments:

Post a Comment