Sunday, January 25, 2015

Subday Recap: January 25


After not much of a weekend with working stock take on Sunday, I was not looking forward to Monday morning but the work week went quite quickly. The highlight of the week was Tuesday night when Jamie and I went to watch Liverpool vs Chelsea in the Capital One Cup Semi Finals. We were unable to sit together but we were both in the Kop and it was definitely a great game to be in the Kop. There were a lot of funny chants about the Chelsea players and I enjoyed the game. Liverpool drawing with Chelsea 1-1.





On Saturday I had a wander through Sefton Park before going to Meat & Liquor on Lark Lane. I stepped in and was able to get a seat right away.  The liquor menu of cocktails looked amazing but I decided on a peanut butter milk shake. All the burgers were tempting but I love a good Sunday Roast despite it being Saturday and ordered the Sunday Roast burger. With my eyes being bigger than my stomach, I ordered their world famous duck fries which were tasty but with the monster sized burger I struggled to finish them. The service was a bit poor with the waitresses focusing on new customers versus asking if I wanted the bill or enjoyed my meal. I had to eventually get up and ask for the bill.

I hope to make my next burger adventure at Almost Famous in town.





After my lunch, I got a bottle of Fentiman's Rose Lemonade and wandered home through Sefton Park, walking along the boating lake and enjoying all the birds.






No comments:

Post a Comment