Thursday, June 18, 2015

Strolling in Copenhagen


Waking up in Copenhagen, I was not sure what my plan of action would be. I was taking the 11:04 am train to Malmo but I had several hours before that to explore the city that would be my home for a few days. I had trouble sleeping, tossing and turning most of the night. I woke early, leaving the hostel to find breakfast. I located a very delicious smoked salmon eggs benedict at Cafe Europe 1989 one of the view restaurants open very early that I could find. I wandered the streets with no real destination in mind, the quiet and empty streets showing off their charm and colours. I ended up walking to Christiansborg Palace then to the Black Diamond, a library. Off towards Tivoli I went, peering in through the gates at the park. I worked my way across City Hall Square towards the train station. Picking up my tickets and then with an hour to wait for my train I decided to head to the Round Tower, getting in just as it opened. A twisting path lead up the tower to an amazing viewpoint over the city. There was also an interesting tattoo exhibition going on in the tower on the history of Danish tattoo. I left the tower, strolling to the statue and boarded the next train bound for Sweden.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment