Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Giant's Causeway(Photo Heavy)



After our drive up from the Dark Hedges we made it to the main destination of our first day in Northern Ireland, Giant's Causeway.  The sky was mostly overcast as we arrived but the sun peaked out and shone across the Causeway. We headed down the path, following along the road towards the rocks from where we parked the car and entered through the buildings containing a cafe and gift shop.  There is a bus going down and back up but we chose to walk to stretch our legs.
(lots of photos)




Our crew for the trip. Carol, me, my mom and my sister.



Making it down to the rocks, I happily trampled across the stones amongst the other people enjoying the attraction.

The Giant's Causeway is made up on 40,000 interlocking basalt columns. It's always been on my list of places I wanted to see while travelling and when planning the trip my sister and I placed it high on our list.

We roamed across the columns, enjoying the time we had there but we knew we had to get back up to the centre and get on the road. With the sun starting to dip, we caught the bus back up to the top.  We had a great time at the causeway and I wish we had got there earlier but since the earlier trouble at the airport we were a bit delayed on our trip from Belfast up to Antrim.
























The Giant's Causeway is open generally at 9 am but closing time varies so do check the website. The site closes one hour before closing time so make sure to get there before that time to avoid disappointment. Adult tickets cost £9.00 but you can save if you buy online from the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment