Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Love Letter to Liverpool





Liverpool, I want to thank you for letting me into your city. The last two years have been a learning experience and have given me memories I will treasure for the rest of my life. From your two cathedrals, your waterfront, your museums, your historic buildings, your parks and more than anything your people. The friends I have made here now have special places in my heart as do you.

The most common question I got while working in Liverpool was why? Why choose Liverpool? The people seemed to not realise what a great city they were living in. I love Liverpool. It welcomed me and there were endless opportunities of places to explore. I will miss walking along the waterfront and seeing the Three Graces. I will miss seeing St. John's Beacon looming above me. I will miss walking past the beautiful buildings of this city. I will miss the accent of the Scouse people and all of their wonderful sayings. I could list off a million things that I will miss about Liverpool as the city has so much to offer.

I know I get to return for a brief stay at the end of March for one last embrace with my adopted city but it will be just as hard to get on the plane as it will be on March 1.

"Don't say goodbye. Because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting." - Peter Pan



1 comment: